Despite the generous amount of cheese in this dish, the broccoli packs the flavor here. It adds a new and colorful flavor to an otherwise plain, veggie-less pasta. Broccoli and cheese lovers – this is your paradise.
Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
- 3 - 4 chicken breasts
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 1 - 2 heads broccoli
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- Dice broccoli and onion, then saute in a few tablespoons of oil over medium heat for 10 minutes, or until onion is translucent and broccoli is bright green. Set aside.
- Cube chicken breasts and fry in a little oil over medium high heat in a large pot. Brown on all sides, about 5 - 8 minutes.
- Mince and add garlic, then cook for about a minute.
- Pour pasta, chicken broth, and milk into the pot. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, then simmer for 10 - 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese, 1/2 cup at a time. Halfway through, add the broccoli and mix well.