I love love loooove bar food. And ballpark food. And pretty much anything that’s greasy enough to make me hate myself later. I was day-drooling over a particularly scrumptious chicken, bacon, and ranch sandwich a friend introduced me to ages ago and it slowly turned into this creation: the Chicken & Ranch Loaded Potato Skins. A perfect combination of standard bar food and a delicious classic, these things really get people excited, and they’re a perfect change-up from the game day fare. I even got to use up leftover chicken AND potatoes with this! Really, just load up potato skins with anything you want. You’ve got my vote.
- 6 medium potatoes, washed
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 3 - 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Bake whole potatoes directly on the rack in a 400° oven for 50 - 60 minutes. Let cool.
- Cook bacon, then slice into pieces.
- Slice potatoes in half and scoop the insides out.
- In each potato half, layer ranch, chicken, bacon, and cheese. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 5 - 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.