When I first filmed this recipe, I was terrified of going to hard on the jalapenos and killing everyone that might have tried this. Now I’m much less scared of the spicy green devils and you shouldn’t fear them either – once you de-seed and cook them, they hardly carry any heat. They’ve got a great smoky, peppery flavor that goes well with the cream cheese mixture in this recipe too. So go ahead and pack ’em in there if you’re interested in some spicy fun, but if not, it’s easy to get the flavor without the pain with this dish!
- 1 - 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 - 3 chicken breasts
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 - 8 slices of bacon
- De-seed and dice jalapenos.
- Combine jalapenos, cream cheese, and cheddar in a small bowl.
- Cut pockets into the long side of the chicken breasts, then fill the pockets with the cream cheese mixture using a spoon.
- Use two bacon slices to wrap a stuffed chicken breast.
- Cook over medium high heat for 10 - 12 minutes per side.
- Cover and cook for an additional 5 - 10 minutes, or until chicken is done.