This is one of the recipes that helped inspire the blog. It’s delicious, over the top, and so freakin’ good. I’m slowly developing a theory about replacing cheese with mac ‘n’ cheese at all times, and it starts here. You can even use leftover mac ‘n’ cheese like I did – it’s a great way to keep it from going to waste. Welcome to Liv for Food! I can’t wait to keep sharing my crazy concoctions with you.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 oz. salsa
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- tortilla chips
- 1 - 2 cups macaroni and cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown beef in skillet over medium high heat, then drain.
- Add salsa and taco seasoning, stir to combine well.
- Place tortilla chips in a single layer on a baking sheet. Top chips with a layer of the beef mixture, then a layer of macaroni and cheese, then a layer of shredded cheddar.
- Bake at 350 for 5 - 7 minutes, until cheese is melted.